As a nonprofit enterprise, Ploughshares needs the support of readers like you to survive. Our mission, we believe, is as necessary today as it was at the journal’s inception: to promote contemporary literature and emerging writers as a vital component of our national culture and character. Giving to Ploughshares supports our commitment to paying our writers for excellence in the literary arts.
Any donation, large or small, will help. Your contribution will be tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and may be made by check or credit card.
We accept donations in any format that is easiest for you: via phone, mail, or our online checkout system. We also accept matching, recurring, planned, and stock gifts—please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these options.
Donate via Phone
Donate via Mail
Please make checks payable to Emerson College, with Ploughshares noted in the “memo" area, and mail to:
120 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116-2114
What will my donation support?
- $25 pays for one page of work
- $125 pays for one short prose piece in the journal (Reader)
- $250 pays one Ploughshares Solo author (Friend)
- $500 pays 2 prose or Solos authors (Advocate)
- $1,000 supports one Emerging Writer's Contest winner (Patron)
- $3,500 supports all poets in the journal for one year (Council)
- $5,000 supports the cover artist and all writers for an entire issue (Publisher)
- $10,000 supports all writers in guest-edited issues for an entire year (Editor's Circle)
For more information about our giving tiers and the donors who make our work possible, please visit our Ploughshares Patrons page.