As a nonprofit enterprise, Ploughshares needs the support of readers like you to survive. Our mission, we believe, is as necessary today as it was at the journal’s inception: to promote contemporary literature and emerging writers as a vital component of our national culture and character. Giving to Ploughshares supports our commitment to paying our writers for excellence in the literary arts.
Any donation, large or small, will help. Your contribution will be tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and may be made by check or credit card.
We accept donations in any format that is easiest for you: via phone, mail, or our online checkout system. We also accept matching, recurring, planned, and stock gifts—please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss these options.
Donate via Phone
Donate via Mail
Please make checks payable to Emerson College, with Ploughshares noted in the “memo" area, and mail to:
120 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116-2114
What will my donation support?
- $25 pays for one page of work
- $250 pays one prose or Solos author
- $500 pays 2 prose or Solos authors (Friend): Receive acknowledgment in the journal for one year.
- $1,000 pays 20 poets for their work (Patron): Receive a lifetime subscription and acknowledgment in the journal for two years.
- $3,500 supports all writers in one issue (Council): Receive two lifetime subscriptions and acknowledgment in the journal for three years.
- $5,000 supports Emerging Writer’s Contest winners and allows us to provide an honorarium for finalists. (Contest Sponsor): Receive two lifetime subscriptions, acknowledgment in the journal for three years, and (if desired) be named as a sponsor on the promotional material of the year’s Contest.
- $10,000 pays the writers and guest editor for an entire issue (Co-Publisher): Receive two lifetime subscriptions and acknowledgment in the journal for five years.